Sunday 24 July 2011

Oh goodness.  Let me tell you.  I am having a major hair melt down. 
I should probably begin by explaining that I've had the same hair dresser since grade 9. 

I give you exibit A.
I had long, long hair for my grade 12 graduation, and decided that once all that was over I would cut it.  We went with just at my shoulders.  I know it doesn't look real long in this picture, but keep in mind that its half pinned up and curled.  I cried, for I kid you not a week straight.  It was too short.  I couldn't get enough of it into a pony tail.  I looked like a boy.  It wasn't going to grow fast enough.  Anything under the sun that you could possibly complain about a haircut, I sure did.  From that day on, I cut literally, inches off.  I trim the split ends, but nothing drastic (I think its beacuse every time I think about cutting it a little shorter, instantly my 17 year old self screams you're going to look like a boy!).  

I have real long hair, and its ridiculously thick.  Have I mentioned I am terrified to get it cut by anyone else??  Which means your assumptions are correct..my hair has been running rampid since the departure of my lovely untraceable hair dresser.  OH yes, thats an important part of this hair mess I can't leave out.  What on earth is one supposed to do when your hair dresser goes on maternity leave and then just...leaves period?!  Without a trace!  Or a phone call!  Or...warning!  It leads to disaster. 
My best friend M has been trying rather unsuccessfully for god knows how long to get me to come to her hair dresser and I think I'm finally about to take the plunge and go with it.  
That alone is scary as all hell.  I don't even know where to begin with this hair cutting debaucal.  What style?  How short?!  How long?!?  So many choices.
I have a hard enough time deciding on what to eat for supper let alone how I want my hair cut after a liiike 12 month hiatus.
I guess if the thing stressing me out the most is my haircut I'm in good shape though right?  
Right.
 
I give you exibit B.
The hot mess that is my hair currently...and it is absolutely not a pretty sight.  I cringe just thinking about this, but it really is time for a change.  A good change!  I think I'm going to do it!  I'm not sure when...and I'll probably end up crying...but, I think its going to be good for the soul!  I've made a lot of changes recently, some for the better, some I'm not so sure of yet, but all in all its looking like i'm starting a new part of my life and this hair is not doing a damn thing for me!   

xxxx
S  

No comments:

Post a Comment