Sunday 31 July 2011

Whoa, whoa, whoa.
So I start this silly little blog, and three days in I promptly die of bronchitis!  Not cool!
The good news, is that I'm fully recovered (aside from a liiiiittle  bit of a cough still kickin' it) and have some really exciting news!
I had an interview last Thursday for a job at a treatment centre for the evening shifts (not a counseling position quite yet, but almost as wicked!) which I was absolutely terrified for.  It was at the same place that I just recently finished my practicum at so I knew the staff and a lot of the clients, but the lady doing the interviewing was a member of the board of directors and the acting executive director of the facility.  I actually kicked this interview straight in the ass.  I was so happy when I walked out of there, she kept telling me how many great things she had heard about me and I think she slipped up when she would refer to "when I started" not "if".  So I left that morning feeling really good about it and literally three hours later she called back asking me to come back in that evening to meet the board and a few other important people, kind of a second interview I guess.  I went back more terrified than the first time, and apparently kicked that interview in the ass as well because Friday afternoon they called and asked if I could not only work that evening, but Saturday and Sunday as well.  I guess that means I got the job?!? 
Unfortunately I was only able to go in for Friday, but my first shift went fantastically and the lady I was working with that evening kept referring to me as "the social worker".  Even though I've still got 8 months left before I can infact call myself a registered social worker, I totally let it happen (Don't get me wrong, lady knows I'm still in school and haven't graduated yet).  It felt wonderful to hear those words....with my name....in the same sentence =) 
Not to mention, the pay is incredibly good for the position.  With that in mind, I decided it was only fair for me to buy myself a new pair of shoes.  I'm not a shoe girl.  Really, I'm not.  There are about a thousand other things I'd rather spend my money on, so not only was this purchase a big old random surprise, it was a pretty big ordeal to!  I knew what kind I was looking for and lo and behold, I found em =)
Oh hi cute little moccasins!

Oh hi cute moccasins with cute Dozerbaby =)

Ok, thats enough excitement for one day! 
Time to watch Big Brother and drink me some white mocha soy milk no whip!

xoxx
S

No comments:

Post a Comment